Do you …
- feel frustrated, stuck, discouraged, or overwhelmed?
- struggle with lack of confidence, worth, significance, or belonging?
- battle loneliness or boredom?
- long for a more meaningful life?
- desire to serve God but don’t know what or how?
If you answered “yes” to any of these then you’re probably more than ready for something to change.
As a wise person once said:
“If something isn’t working, change a variable and try again.”
The trouble is, we usually don’t know what variable to change. And sometimes even that choice paralyzes us.
In my own life, I began to experience more clarity when a Life Coach helped me discover my Life Purpose and write my Life Purpose Statement.
I now use my Purpose Statement daily to:
- move forward in confidence knowing who God created me to be and what He created me to do
- discern what He wants me to say “yes” to and what He wants me to say “no” to
- find purpose in the mundane things I dislike doing but still have to do as a responsible adult
I am confident that if you have an accurate Life Purpose Statement that is true to who God created you, He can use it in your life to provide clarity and confidence for you, too.
Difference between Purpose, Mission, and Calling
You’ve probably noticed that the terms life purpose, mission, and calling get used interchangeably, as though they were synonyms. But for the purposes of this website, we will define “Life Purpose” as who God uniquely designed and created us to be to fulfill His purpose through us throughout our lifetime. Our Life Purpose doesn’t change.
A calling or mission, on the other hand, is God’s assignment to us for a specific period of time or to a certain group of people or involving a specific task. A mission/calling could change numerous times throughout our lives and is more about what we do than about who we are. We could also have more than one mission/calling at a time.
It’s important to also note that our mission/calling always fits within the scope of our Life Purpose, which is why it’s important that we have an accurate grasp of what our Life Purpose is.
Other Aspects of Our Life Purpose:
- is assigned by God who lovingly designed and created us accordingly, equipping us to fulfill His purpose for us
- is individual and unique to each person
- involves our relationships with God, others, and ourselves
- can be lived no matter our age or physical/mental capabilities
- is applicable to all facets of our lives
- can be fulfilled when alone and with others
Knowing Our Life Purpose:
- deepens our relationship with God as we come into alignment with Him and all He has for us
- gives us vision and hope for the future
- provides clarity in making decisions
- relieves anxiety and frustration wondering if we’re on the right track
- eradicates loneliness by filling our lives with meaning and purpose
- affirms ways we are already living our purpose
- eliminates boredom by providing us with intention and focus
- helps us discern what God is asking us to do versus what others want us to do
- removes guilt as we stop fitting into other peoples’ molds and learn God’s unique mold for us
- simplifies our lives by empowering us to eliminate what we weren’t created for to make room for what we are
- helps us find purpose in mundane responsibilities we don’t enjoy but must do as responsible adults
As you can see by these benefits, it’s important that our Life Purpose Statement accurately reflects who we are as God designed and created us.
Having a Life Purpose Statement that accurately reflects who we are is priceless and invaluable in every stage and facet of our lives.
How to Discover Your Life Purpose
As you may already be aware, there is an endless number of resources with instructions for writing your Life Purpose Statement. It becomes quite confusing to navigate through all these resources and decide on the best one. Many individuals end up with an inaccurate or incomplete statement which doesn’t serve them well or bring about the benefits listed above.
This was my personal experience when using a book to write my Life Purpose Statement. While the result was somewhat accurate, it was not comprehensive, and I largely ignored it. It certainly didn’t give me the ongoing benefits in all facets of my life that my current one does.
And that is why a Purpose Discovery Session with a Life Coach trained in a thorough and strategic method for getting to the truth of who God created us to be is invaluable. I am deeply grateful to have had such a Life Coach help me write my current Purpose Statement and then train me to help others with theirs.
As a Life Coach, I can’t tell you what your Life Purpose is, what you should do with your life, or what God is speaking to you. We can’t even make up your Life Purpose together. But by asking you strategic questions I can guide you through the process of discerning the core of who God created you to be and what He is saying to you.
After a two-hour Purpose Discovery Session, you will walk away with a concise but comprehensive easy-to-remember Life Purpose Statement to use in all aspects of your life for the rest of your life. You will find this process to be incredibly positive and affirming. I so look forward to taking this journey with you!